Sunday, August 12, 2007

After a Long Day's Work...

...on Friday, under a heat advisory, I was in no mood to do anything but dive into the heavenly abyss that is my bed. I made my way into the house, and laying on the table right in front of me, just beckoning, pleading, for me to stray from my evening plans, was the latest TV Guide. As if the mere prospect of knowing what hours of television were in store for the next week wasn't enough, I took a gander at the cover, and guess who I saw?

That's right, you guessed it! (Okay, you probably didn't, but we'll give you the benefit of the doubt, alright?)

Anyway, on the cover, staring straight into my slowly closing eyes, was the cast of "High School Musical". I had the sudden urge to rip open the magazine and head for the exclusive article on HSM2. I fought it. I needed to run upstairs and get my nap on. I was stronger than the TV Guide. I could do it.

But then, I saw it.

Not only was this a High School Musical themed magazine, there was a disk on the cover. One closer look told me all I needed to know. This was no ordinary disk. No way. This was a CD with photos of the cast, clips from the movie, and, most importantly, instructions for me and my friends to dance along with our High School Musical pals on August 17th. Yeah, I forgot all about my desire for sleep. I had forgotten everything prior to this moment, because, after I learned those wicked awesome dance moves, my life would be complete.

I had the disk in my hands, but as I headed for the computer, I heard a voice. A voice calling, telling me something. I listened harder, and heard it tell me to....clean my room?? Oh, dear mother, you have no idea the agony you caused me, as I slipped the disk back into its protective pouch, saving the wicked awesome dance moves for another time in the near future. Then, and only then, will I be able to know true HSM-filled happiness.


((FYI: Creative license was used in this post...i.e. the tv guide was sitting on the seat of the car when my mom picked me up, she asked me to something, but maybe not clean my room, etc. But I like my version better. Way better.))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Livi, you're hilarious and you are a great writer. I wish I had your way with words! And Puhleeeze use all the creative license you want for comic effect. Not that I do that ever [looking around whistling].